This December, we’re full of gratitude for the many wonderful people we’ve worked with throughout the year. We’re sharing holiday hours for your favorite Brady St businesses and announcing a new business coming to the BID.
Brady Beach to Close for Winter
Nomad’s Mayor’s Design Award-winning Brady Beach will be dismantled for the winter months. On December 20, the barricades will be removed and the street reopened to car traffic.
Please remember that it is illegal to make a left turn from Warren onto Brady when approaching from the south. Also, take extra care when walking across this intersection once the barricades are removed.
We look forward to the return of Brady Beach next spring!
Holiday Hours | Parties | Catering
Christmas Mass Schedule
Three Holy Women Parish will hold Christmas Eve and Christmas Day mass:
- Christmas Eve: 4:30pm at St. Hedwig (Brady & Humboldt)
- Christmas Eve: Midnight at St. Hedwig (Brady & Humboldt)
- Christmas Day: 8:30am at Holy Rosary (Oakland & Lafayette)
- Christmas Day: 10:30am at St. Rita’s (1617 N. Cass St)
For more information about Three Holy Women Parish, please visit their website.
Nashville North will be closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
For our New Year’s Eve party, we will have King Solomon, the very popular Reggae band playing from 7 PM—10 PM! Tickets are available here.
Pete’s Pub hours for the holidays:
- Christmas Eve – 11 AM—2:30 AM
- Christmas Day – Closed
- New Years Eve – 11 AM—2:30 AM or slow business
- New Years Day – 10 AM—2AM
Don’t forget you can order food from Pete’s Pub online! Have you tried their onion dip? SOOO GOOD!!
Club Brady will be open:
- Xmas Eve 1 PM—2 AM
- Xmas Day 7 PM—2 AM
- New Year’s Day Noon—2 AM
Give yourself the gift of a good time at Club Brady!
Zaffiro’s will be open Christmas Eve from 11 AM to 5 PM and will be closed Christmas day.
For New Year’s Eve, Zaffiro’s will be open from 11 AM to 10 PM and on New Years Day from 11 AM to 10 PM.
Tip! Get your pizza par-baked (partially baked) and finish baking it at home for a delicious, fresh pizza!
Store Holiday Hours:
- Christmas Eve: 8 AM—4 PM
- Christmas Day: Closed
- New Year’s Eve: 8 AM—4 PM
- New Year’s Day: Closed
Ring in the Holidays with Glorioso’s Italian Market!
- Christmas Sausage: A Glorioso’s tradition! Our Christmas Sausage contains no fillers or preservatives, only high-quality ingredients including fresh pork, green onions, fresh tomatoes, Auribella cheese, imported spices, and Marsala wine. Available now through December 31st.
- Gift Sets: Glorioso’s Gourmet Gift Sets offer a wide variety of your favorite Glorioso’s products. This year, we are excited to introduce two new gift sets to our offerings, both packaged for your convenience and ready for gift-giving season: New Glorioso’s Pizza Party Gift Set and New Antipasti & Salad Lovers Gift Set. Our ready-to-gift packaging option is available in-store, and our ready-to-ship option is available both in-store and online. If you have any questions regarding our gift sets or would like to place a large order, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gift Cards: Our gift cards are available in any denomination and make a wonderful gift to give for the holidays. We offer two gift card options, one for in-store purchases and one for online purchases and cooking classes. Gift cards are available to purchase in-store or online.
- Catering: Good food is the centerpiece of the holidays. Our catering menu features a wide variety of Glorioso’s Italian classics, including party food trays, cold salads, appetizers, and desserts to make your holiday gatherings memorable. For more information, visit: https://gloriosos.com/catering, or give us a call at (414) 272-0540.
- Private Events: There’s no better place to host your private event than Appetito and Sage Harvest! Our flexible space is perfect for holiday parties, family gatherings, business meetings, and everything in between. The sky’s the limit in creating your one of a kind experience. For more information, visit: https://bit.ly/PrivateEventSpace, or give us a call at (414) 206-4653.
- Cooking Classes: Cook, gather, and eat together! Whether you want to learn a new skill or are an expert in the kitchen, Glorioso’s Appetito & Sage Harvest cooking classes offer something for everyone and make the perfect gift. Our classes are organized so you work together in a hands-on, fun, and engaging environment with a local professional chef instructor. To learn more and to register, follow this link: https://bit.ly/Classes2023
Qdoba has excellent options for office and personal parties! You can order online here for the easiest catering available!
Jimmy John’s has recently expanded their hours to 10 AM to 12 AM, 7 days a week! Order here for freaky fast sandwiches—delivery or dine-in!
Lilliput Record’s holiday hours are:
- Christmas Eve: open 10 AM—5 PM — great for last minute gifts!
- Christmas Day: closed
- New Years Eve: open 11 AM—5 PM
- New Years Day: open 11 AM—5 PM
This New Year’s Eve, Garage will be hosting a prize giveaway at midnight! $6 Absolut Bombs and $8 Absolut and Jameson cocktails will also be featured.
For New Years Eve at HiHat we are doing a toast at midnight! Email Kara at email@example.com to reserve a table.
Didn’t get enough on New Year’s Eve? You’re in luck! HiHat is having a New Year’s Day Drag Brunch!
Doors open at 11 AM, show starts at 1 PM. Email Kara at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a table.
Peter Sciortino’s Bakery
Our holiday hours are as follows:
- Tuesday 12/20 through Friday 12/23: 7 AM—4 PM
- Saturday Christmas Eve: 7 AM—3 PM
- Closed 12/25 & 12/26
- Tuesday 12/27 through Friday 12/30: 7 AM—4 PM
- Saturday New Year’s Eve: 7 AM—3 PM
- Closed 1/1 & 1/2
Don’t forget to pre-order your 4 meat-filled Arancini with a jar of sauce for $20!
Pre-order at www.petersciortinobakery.com or call (414) 272-4623.
Quantities are limited—reserve yours today!
Twisted Plants will be open normal hours on Christmas Eve, 11 AM to 2 AM, and will be closed Christmas Day.
They will also be open normal hours on New Year’s Eve, 11am to 2am, and closed New Year’s Day.
Thurman’s 15—Friend of Brady St
Thurman’s 15 will be open both Christmas Eve and Day with regular hours.
On New Year’s Eve, Thurman’s will be open all night and into the New Year, with live music by Speakeasy Johnson’s all night, starting at 10 PM.
Gift Shop Coming to BID
The Brady St BID is very excited to announce a new business is coming to the BID! MJ’s Apothecary & Gifts will stock WI-based business and artisan products in a boho-chic setting. The owner of this business is a Brady area resident who can’t wait to delight you with treasures from around our state!
Many Thanks to Those Who Help Make Our Events Great!
The BID would like to thank those who helped keep our events safe in 2022.
Alderman for District 3
Although Jonathan Brostoff wasn’t sworn in as District 3 Alderman until November, his duties began months earlier.
Alderman Brostoff helped us make Brady Street Festival a safe event. Several times, he went out in the middle of the night to deal with serious incidents on Brady Street. He also held a community meeting about safety, attended BID Board meetings, and met with residents and business owners to get feedback on various issues—all before officially becoming the city’s alderman.
For information on how to contact Alderman Brostoff and about District 3, please visit the City of Milwaukee’s website.
Captain James Campbell
Milwaukee Police Dept District 1
Captain Campbell has been a great partner to the BID during a challenging year. On the several occasions we’ve reached out to Captain Campbell, he’s been very responsive and helpful with the resources available. Under his leadership, the BID was able to hold a successful and safe Brady Street Festival.
Officer Molly Plumley & Officer Jordan Emmons
Officer Plumley and Officer Emmons are the Community Liaison Officers for the Brady Street neighborhood. They have attended community and BID meetings throughout the year and have worked one-on-one with several businesses in the BID.
Like so many entities in Milwaukee, MPD’s District 1 has faced financial and staffing challenges this year. Nonetheless, when we’ve had serious issues on Brady Street, they have been there to help.
Jerrel Kruschke, Commissioner of Public Works (DPW)
Jerrel Kruschke is the current Commissioner of Public Works for the City of Milwaukee. As Commissioner, he heads the Department of Public Works with a budget of $240 Million and nearly 2,000 employees in four divisions: Administrative Services, Infrastructure Services, Operations, and Water (Milwaukee Water Works).
DPW works with the BID to create safe events, and Commissioner Kruschke has been an important partner in the pedestrianization study. We are grateful for Commissioner Kruschke and DPW’s excellent work this year!
The BID appreciates all the great work our partners have done this year!