Brady Street Documentary
The Brady St BID is excited to partner with Sean Kafer and docUWM, part of UW-Milwaukee’s film school, on a 1-hour documentary about the history of Brady Street. Sean is bringing real-world experience to the classroom by incorporating students in the production of this project.
The documentary will start with the early immigrant settlements all the way through post-pandemic Brady Street. Residents, local historians, and individuals who’ve greatly impacted the development of Brady Street will be interviewed for the project.
The project is intended to be completed in early 2024 and will be submitted to the Milwaukee Film Festival as well as other national film festivals.
Festivus on Brady | Saturday, Dec 3
Festivus is back, BABY! Join us on Saturday, December 3rd to celebrate everyone’s favorite faux holiday.
Participating bars will have the Bud Light Elves visit to hold the Festivus activities. The airing of grievances gives people the chance to share the #1 thing they hated about 2022, and the Elves pick the best complaint for a prize.
Feats of strength are demonstrated by holding a pail of 6 bottles of Bud Light above your shoulders. Whoever lasts the longest wins the pole. Each participating bar will have a winner for each activity.
The Bud Light Elves festivities schedule will be released closer to the event date. For more information visit the Festivus on Brady event page.
Former Brewed Café Location Leased!
A new business will be opening this winter at the former Brewed Café location. The space is currently being renovated, and details will be made public soon. The Brady St BID is very excited to welcome this new business owner!
November Specials on Brady Street
- Thursday, November 3, we are teaming up with WMSE for a live broadcast for their membership drive. Von Munz will be spinning records from Noon to 3 PM!
- Saturday, November 19 we are doing an album release show with Bunny Blues from 5 to 7 PM
- We will be closed on Thanksgiving but will be opening back up on Black Friday for Record Store Day! Open from 8 AM to 8 PM
We plan to have a handful of sales for Record Store Day, including:
- 40% off used dvds/blu-rays
- 15% off new dvds/blu-rays
- 10% off new cds/vinyl and pre-owned vinyl
- 25% off used cds
*All sales excluding RSDBF titles
Nomad World Pub
The World Cup Kicks off November 20th – December 18th!
As Milwaukee’s place to watch the World Cup, we’ll be featuring every match with sound (outside of the 4 AM matches). Customers will have the chance daily to win $500 Travel Vouchers to see their favorite Football Clubs outside of the US.
Black Friday (11/25) we’re celebrating rain, snow, or shine as the USA plays England, with a jumbotron and DJ entertainment all day.
11/23 – Second Annual Dragsgiving
Join entertainers Chanel D’Vine, Loretta Love Lee, and Mercedes Benzova as well as DJ Mel-Down for a night of debauchery starting at 8 PM. We’ll be featuring specials on Teremana Tequila, Jagermeister, and Milwaukee’s very own System Hard Seltzer.
- Hot Drinks added to the menu (coffee, hot chocolate)
- Cold brew now available
- Coffees made with Valentine Coffee
- Freshly popped popcorn
- Mix & Sip Mixology Classes, learn how to make classic cocktails
- Fun boozy gifts for the holidays
- Kids parties: featuring virgin slushies with candy toppings, popcorn bar with candy add-ins, interactive slime making
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire/book parties or text (262) 505-0706
- Winter Hours: closed Mondays, opening at 2 PM daily
- Closed Thanksgiving & Christmas Day
Garage & HiHat
HiHat will be doing their Holiday Pop-up again this year! Fancy cocktails and a festive atmosphere will make the PERFECT place to hold your holiday parties. Call (414) 225-9330 or email email@example.com to arrange your party.
Garage and HiHat will be closed on Thanksgiving day so staff can enjoy the holiday with their families. They will both be open on Black Friday.
The bakery’s hours the week of Thanksgiving are as follows:
- Tuesday 11/22: 7 AM to 4 PM
- Wednesday 11/23: 7 AM to 4 PM
- Thanksgiving Day: CLOSED
- Friday 11/25: 8 AM to 4 PM
Customers are strongly encouraged to place orders in advance, (414) 272-4623.
Nomad Coffee Bar
Stop in to Nomad Coffee Bar to catch all of the 2022 World Cup action!
We’re featuring breakfast all day every day and launching our new Snowwaukee blend.
Thurman’s 15 | Friend of Brady Street
Happy Hour Specials:
- Sunday: Late Night Happy Hour 9 PM to Close | $1 off All Beer, & $3 Short Rail Drinks
- Monday thru Friday: 4 PM to 8 PM Happy Hour | $1 off All Beer & $3 Short Rail Drinks
Friday & Saturday: Live Bands will Rock the Bar on a majority of Friday or Saturday nights.